Mayne Island Reading Centre
- Anyone who lives on Mayne Island or owns property may get a patron card with a patron number that is used to borrow material from the library. There is no cost for this card.
- Books may be borrowed for 3 weeks (21 days). New books cannot be renewed but all other material can be renewed for another 21 days as long as another borrower is not waiting for the material.
- Anyone with a library card from another library in B.C. can get a OneCard to borrow books from the Mayne Reading Centre.
- Mayne Island residents with MRC cards can pick up a Pender Island card at the MRC. The Pender card gives Mayne Islanders access to the OneCard program at any library in B.C.
Services and Programs
- Over 8,000 books
- Inter-library loan
- Online catalogue
- Free Internet access, including wireless, is available
- Story-time (July - August)
- Reading room with a fabulous view
- Summer Reading Club through July and August
- Teen Summer Reading Club Access
- BC OneCard Access